Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Can Do or Can't Do? Which are YOU? Your Choice.

Check out this story of a woman who lost close to 200lbs starting from 340 lbs and 5'5" tall.

She is now running marathons.

Click here to read Glenda's Success Story

Key things she learned and experienced... (in her words)
________________________________

My biggest challenges:
  • changing my attitude to be more positive
  • forgiving myself when I slipped up and "fell off the wagon"
  • realizing I was in it for the long haul

There is more to each of us than we know. If we can just get a glimpse of it, maybe for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.
Exercise is essential so run, jog, dance your socks off.
Find something that you enjoy and just do it!
Otherwise, you won’t stick to it.

Start reading labels. If you don’t know what you’re putting in your mouth, you’re flying blind. You can’t eat poorly and be healthy. Educate yourself and don’t assume anything.

You must rely on yourself;
nobody else is going to do it for you.

Without inspiration our minds remain dormant. There is a fuel inside each and every one of us that needs to be ignited with sparks.  And it’s contagious

The harder you work at something, the harder it is to surrender.

I have to be in charge of this body.

The body is composed of over 600 muscles
and the two I used the most to lose weight
were my brain and my heart.

NEW ACTIVITIES: 
  • doing serious artwork again for the first time in 20 years
  • going back to college
  • learned to scuba dive, got my certification and have gone on several trips
  • learned how to canoe and have been on several canoe trips
  • taken ballroom dancing lessons
I damaged my body because I waited so long to lose weight.  You pay a price and I am paying it now.  I refuse to let this stop me from accomplishing my dream of competing in a triathlon and in a marathon in 2011.
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.  1 Corinthians 6:19-20
This woman's story is inspiring!

Go forth and slowly make small changes and BE HEALTHY!!!

No comments: